Sunday 8 January 2012

Textures - Metal

Below is an image of the metal texture I created in Photoshop CS3. I followed a very simple but effective tutorial, with the link to the website below the image. I used motion blur, noise and lighting effects.

http://photoshoptutorials.ws/photoshop-tutorials/textures/metal-texture.html

The image below shows a dark wood texture I created in Photoshop CS3, by following an effective tutorial (link provided below image). I used this image to texture the table and chairs within my scene in Maya 2012, and I am very pleased with the result. When creating the texture, the filters I used include clouds, motion blur, brush strokes, level adjustments and hue/saturation.

 Here is the link to the online tutorial I used to create this texture: http://www.myinkblog.com/creating-a-realistic-wood-texture-using-photoshop/

The image below shows the ketchup bottle texture I created within Photoshop CS3. To achieve this texture, I opened an image of a ketchup bottle, cropped the image to show only the logo and edited the logo with a brush tool to prevent copyright issues. I then added this logo texture to a selected face on the ketchup bottle object I modelled in Maya 2012. The rest of the bottle was shaded red, within the 3D software.


The image below shows a metal texture I created within Photoshop CS3. Here, I followed a basic but effective tutorial (link provided below). To create it, I simply shaded the background in a grey colour, included a motion blur filter and cropped out the edges. I planned to use this texture on a number of metal objects within my scene in Maya 2012, such as the oven base, but I later decided to not use it at all. Even so, I am still pleased with the result of this texture.

Here is the link to the online tutorial for creating the above texture: http://photoshoptutorials.ws/photoshop-tutorials/textures/metal-texture.html

Below is a texture I created within Photoshop CS3. I simply shaded the background in a cream colour, and added a motion blur filter, which is hard to distinquish due to the colour used. I created this texture to be used as the wallpaper for the kitchen I made within Maya 2012.


The image below shows the water texture I created within Photoshop CS3. I followed a very quick tutorial to create this, with only 2 steps to take. A very simple, but very effective solution to showing water. The link to this tutorial is provided below the image.


This is the link to the water texture tutorial: http://www.myinkblog.com/creating-a-realistic-water-texture-in-photoshop/

Below is an image showing the lighter wood effect I created in Photoshop CS3. I followed the same tutorial as the one used for the dark wood effect, with a slight alteration on the hue/saturation. I decided to use this lighter shaded wood on each cupboard I created in Maya 2012, and I am very pleased with the visual outcomes.


This image shows the work top texture I created in Photoshop CS3. This was a simple texture to make, with just a noise effect added to a cream background. I used this texture on each work top within the kitchen scene.

2 comments:

  1. I would say that the lighting effect will be not so useful when you put it into a scene. Maya can do the real time lighting for you. Otherwise awesome, wish I was at the texturing stage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I completely agree with you there. When I applied this texture the my fridge, it looked awful; primarily due to the lighting effect (the dark parts really stood out, completely ruined it). Thanks for commenting :D

    ReplyDelete