Saturday 14 January 2012

The Extra Bits

Once I completed the animation of the mouse, I realised something, I forgot to model cheese! So below is an image of the cheese I modelled last minute. The texture is a simple yellow. I modelled it from a cube, moved the verts towards each other on the front of the model to show a wedge effect, and extruded holes into the model.


I have also decided to add some more last minute models, to make the scene that little bit more interesting. Below is an image of a toaster I created, and toast within the toaster. Both were created with reference images (all reference images will be uploaded soon...ive misplaced some of them).

The toaster will have some input into the final animation. Once the mouse reaches the cheese, and the camera slowly pans out, this toaster will pop out the toast. Its a very simple idea to implement, but im simply trying to add more to the animation.

 I have also modelled a carton of milk. This may sound random, but I originally wanted to fill the fridge I modelled with loads of objects, that would generally be found in a fridge. Unfortunately, the scene is way too big already, and adding the milk (along with the two objects above) added an additional 600KB! So yeh, theres just milk in the fridge :D

 One more thing to add to 'The Extra Bits' is the microwave. This was the very first object I modelled, apart from the start of the character itself, and I have somehow forgotten all about up until I started animating, and realised something was missing. Here it is, textured, at the start of the animation:


Forum support

I also took part in a student forum while developing this animation, within the glyndwr site. I posted a topic about some last minute texturing, providing links to some great texture tutorials for the likes of wood and water, all of which I used for my own project, and thought were very effective. Below is a screenshot of my post:





No comments:

Post a Comment